Saturday 4 January 2014

Top 3 Songs of the week #7

Hi,

Click on the song title to have a listen!

This week I've been loving:
Nostalgia by No fxd Abode
Can't pretend by Tom O'Dell
Unbelievers by Vampire Weekend

Nostalgia is by "no fxd abode" who are really great, if you want to listen to more they have other song on iTunes called Start Again which is also great! The first thing you notice is the talent of the singer, then the Scottish accent. I'm glad they haven't tried to hide the accent, I don't the music would be the same without it! The singer is so talented, the higher parts are gorgeously done and add to the music instead of trying to show off like some vocalists do. The intro is gently moving acoustic guitar chords  which sets the scene well. Then when they get into and it becomes more indie-rock drums are added which sounds amazing. I love the lyrics and the message of the song. These guys are great and I'm really surprised that they're not that popular! So let's try to get them noticed guys!!

Can't pretend is probably a song you've heard before, being Tom O'dell. But I like so many others have been seduced by the gorgeous, sexy, dulcet tones of this wonderful man. I just love his nasal, distressed, emotional voice. He is one the most emotional singers I have listened to, it is a joy to hear him sing. I love this track as the whole thing changes from verse to verse, you can tell that it's the same song but it changes with the addition and subtraction of instruments and the mood of his voice. This guy if amazing!

Unbelievers is a more upbeat song. It's so catchy and makes you want to get up an dance (which I did... in the middle of a shopping centre). I love the minimal melody in the track, it sounds full even when there isn't much backing. A lovely instrumental is added in between a verse and chorus which is a great addition. At first it sounds a bit like a "duran duran" song which is great. This is great song to come home to, it cheered me right up and I hope it does the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment